Monday, March 9, 2015

The Best 18 Months.

2/23/2015

I wish I had a better subject than that, but really. This 18 months will bless me for the rest of forever. I still can't believe I've been here for 18 months. I can't believe I've been so blessed to be here in Indiana. I've been so blessed to meet all these Hoosiers and I will never ever forget all the blessings and miracles I've seen. And most importantly, I'm more converted to my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ because of these 18 months. I love the gospel.

Wooo weee. Done with that stuff cause I think I'll just cry if I write more. Then I'd just look like a crazy Mormon crying in the library. I probably will anyway. I hate letting go.  And this week I learned that goodbyes REALLY stink. Like, a lot.

But this week was awesome. Definitely one I will never forget.

Last Monday, we got to go ice skating after doing all the normal stuff. Oh we also went and got Cajun food and took it to eat with the elders at Bub's and they wouldn't let us eat it there, so we got kicked out hahaha. But it was totally worth it. MudBug's hushpuppies are the best. Ice Skating was a blast. I had to tie everyone's skates for them cause they all had them too loose, so my hands were raw. I had to use these figure skate-ish skates...I need my hockey skates back. haha. But it was tons of fun. Good to be back on the skates. Then we had dinner at Ted's with the Moala's. They're moving back to Cali this week, so it was sad. Then after that, we taught Johanna over the phone cause no one was home or answering haha.

Tuesday, we started out the morning visiting Rockin' Robin. She had to get her appendix out over the weekend. Then we had lunch and went to visit a lady in the nursing home. She can't here, so we were like yelling at her but she still couldn't hear us. But I think she enjoyed us being there and we gave her a pamphlet as the message haha. It's the thought that counts right? I prayed at the end and she sat for like 30 seconds after I had said amen because she couldn't hear me so we just waited for her to open her eyes. Then we went to the mission office and decorated Sister Steadman's office cause she was getting back from North Carolina the next day. It looked dang good. I climbed on top of the filing cabinet for it. Totally worth it. We found a lady named Jodi while tracting after that. She has had a crazy past. She had a son die of alcohol and drugs and then her daughter was brutally stabbed by her ex- in front of her daughters. Super crazy. She's letting us (I mean Sister Hales) come back Tuesday even though she's Catholic. Awesome lady. Then we taught Johanna with Sister Closser. Johanna is doing really well and I think she's quitting drinking this week. Wahoo! We had dinner with the Smithharts and went to see Sister Fleener and then taught Justin with Sister Knisley. Justin is still legit as ever. He made us cheesecake too. It was super good!

Wednesday, we did some service for Carole. She was so impressed that I knew how to put together a cabinet from a box for her. Her son tried to put it together but got frustrated and didn't finish so I finished it for her and taught Sister Hales along the way so she can put together furniture now too! :) Hopefully Carole comes around soon and comes back to church. Then we went and saw Sister Steadman because Larry cancelled. She had just gotten back so we helped her unpack a bit and she told us about her trip. We went to see Brother Fleener after that. We always take him on little field trips around the rehab place when we're there. Brother Dorff just got put in the same place too so they hang out now. We had dinner with the Johnson's after that and she mad BOSS tacos! Oh man they were good. I'm so glad they're back from Colorado! Wahoo! Now I'm leaving...haha. We went to YW after that and played some volleyball.

Thursday, we weekly planned in the morning (well the Westfield Elders brought us some cornbread that was nasty and Elder Mathias didn't want to pack so they talked to us forever...so we kinda weekly planned hahah. Then we had lunch with the Kelly clan and I hacked Sister Kelly's iPad for her and she was so happy. I'm her favorite child now. Then we stopped by to see the Pilling's because Daniel had a drawing for us. They're the best! We had dinner with the Howell's and had some great Indian food. It's was legit. I don't even know what it was but it was good. Then we taught Justin in the Browne's home. I'm seriously going to miss these people :(

Friday, we had district meeting in the morning. I had to give a training about what I've learned on my mission and how it's changed me. I cried. haha. It was good though cause the misison is THE BEST. Then after we had lunch at Panda, I had my interview with President Cleveland. You should all be jealous that I have the best mission president ever. We taught Johanna after that with Angie. She made us some food and got me a gift and we taught her the Plan of Salvation and I think she finally understands the spirit world! Wahoo! We taught Angie in her car after that and went to teach the DaBell's and Sister Heston. The Brighams fed us some Chimichangas after that. It was yummy!

Saturday, we were grounded because of the snow so I think God was telling me I needed to stop being in denial and pack. So I did most all of it. I think they're all going to be under weight too! Wahoo! Then we went to eat with the Klines (they fed us pizza), went to see Sister Fleener (I'm so sad to leave her and the dogs :( ), went and saw Brother Fleener (I bawled when we left :( ), went to see the Adams, went to a Westfield Baptism, had dinner with the Starnes (they fed us pizza....) and then stopped by the Smiths. I will miss those two. It's hard saying goodbye to people you've come to love. It stinks. A lot. They've been like my parents for 6 months. But I guess it'll be great to come back to my for real parents of 22 years :)

Sunday was awesome. I love the Carmel ward. Meetings were bomb, Johanna got all settled in church and only cried a little when I hugged her to say goodbye, had boss church meetings (just what I needed), went tracting after church (I couldn't finish my mission without it!), had lunch witht he Burkes, had dinner with Sister Steadman, and my early birthday party with the Priddis. I will miss this place. I've said that like 30 times. But I really will. I'm so glad I got to finish here in Carmel.
Your letters are all packed some where and I can't remember what I asked, so you'll just have to ask me tomorrow!

I wish I could sum up everything I've learned on my mission here, but I just can't. But I think the youth's theme from this year sums up a lot from D&C 4:2. I embarked on a mission to serve God. There were times I failed and times I got frustrated and times I didn't live up to my potential, but I know that I gave all my heart, mind, and strength to bless others and help them to come to Jesus Christ. And what I received in return was conversion. I know my Savior lives and loves me. I know the Atonement is real and that it applies to everyone as long as we're willing to repent. I know the Gospel of Jesus Christ is not a way, it's THE way. It's the only way to true happiness and peace. I know if we apply it CONSISTENTLY and give God everything we have, we will never have regrets. And this experience is one I will NEVER regret. I love this work. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is the TRUTH!

Well admitting that this is my last full letter as a full-time missionary is probably the hardest thing that I've done. I'm sitting here crying in the library haha. But I love you all! And I'm excited to see you all!
Peace and Blessin's, one last time
-Sister Darcie Christensen.



Ice skating with Sister Hales and Elder Mathias

All of the district ice skating!

 
 Elder Orth and Elder Steab!
  
All of us skatin'

With the Browne's and Justin

Elder Mathias and Elder Larsen. The Departing missionaries from the district!
Minus Elder Smith...AP's are too cool to come to District Meeting
(Now Darcie – they were probably too busy!)
  
The one and only Sister Steadman
  
 With Johanna

 
 With Sister Heston

 You're getting a ton this week...
 
 I'll miss seeing this every day

 Me and Sister Fleener and the boys
I can't even express how much I'll miss them

Bawling leaving Brother Fleener

 
With the Adams and a couple kids from the ward

With Hailey Adams

 
The Smith's

 
 Me and Ian Priddis' birthday picture
He was not stoked haha

Sister Hales killed me haha
(It wasn't Sister Hales that killed her it was seeing the Y on the wall!)

ADORABLE BRIGHAM!

 The pole I hit

My Subaru :( I'll miss this car
(It actually belongs to the Church Sister Christensen)

With the Moalas

 
 With the Johnsons

 
 With Grandma Kelly

 With the Pillings

No comments :

Post a Comment