Tuesday, January 6, 2015

2015

1/5/2015

Day 5 of 2015. I'd say it's going to be a pretty great year!

This week just cruised by once again. Woo wee.

Alright so last Monday, we had that half of a P-Day then we went and taught Jhnnh with Brother Flnr. Jhnn really is struggling with alcohol, so we've gotta jump that mountain before I feel like she can truly feel the spirit. Hopefully we can help her cause it's a little crazy right now! But Brother Flnr was awesome at sharing the love she needed with her. He's the one who referred her. Then we shared a message with the Flnrs with Abr Brwn because the lesson and the back-ups we had for the lesson she was coming to fell through. We went and helped the Stglrs to re-move back into their house. They thought they were going to move so they put a bunch of stuff in a trailer but now they're staying, so we unpacked it with them. The baby is still super cute! And getting really big! Afterward, we went to the Tylr's for dinner and headed off to Crawfordsville!

Tuesday, we spent the day in Crawfordsville. It's a cute little old town. We got to see Wabash College. It's teeny, but really pretty! So we started the day doing some service at an antique shop that is downstairs from where the sisters live. The lady then bought us pizza for lunch and we got to share a message with her and the lady who was working next door. It was pretty fun. Then we went out to work. We found a new investigator while tracting for about 10 minutes (miracle!) and then we taught a couple who has recently come back to the church and are preparing to be workers in the Indy temple! Wahoo! Then we went and taught one of the sisters' investigators named Tny. She would be baptized already, but she's living with her boyfriend, who's actually a member along with all his family. So who knows when that'll happen. They claim that they don't want to be married by the government or something. Kinda strange. But she's cool! Then we saw a less-active out in the country and did some tracting. And headed back to Carmel!

Wednesday, we had District Meeting in the morning and went to Steak-n-Shake for lunch. We were supposed to have a lesson with Jy after lunch, but he ended up having to take one of the kids he babysits to the hospital with a fever. So we went and took down Christmas lights for the Flnrs and shared a message with them. We then had a lesson with Dnn, the lady we met in her driveway last week, with Sister Stdmn. It was a little crazy and scattered cause Dnn likes to talk but we're going back again tomorrow to teach her! We had dinner with the Bmn's that night at their hotel then went to the Brk's for an open house with a bunch of people from the ward. I got the worst headache and nausea, supposedly it was a bug going around, so we got to stay out til 10:30  with it being New Year's but right when we got home I crashed.

Thursday, we got P-Day, so we started off the day going to Walmart to use some of our giftcards. I took some stuff back from my raffled Santa present (don't tell Santa...I just figured I'd get better use from the money then just leaving the stuff I'd never use behind) and bought a jacket to go under my coat since it's freezing outside! Then we went to Charming Charlie...I spent another $30 on 2 shirts...whoops. That place is the devil. I can't come out of there without something. We had lunch at Sister Stdmn's with the district then we went and played games at the Smthhrts. They fed us dinner then we went and did a church tour with Jhnnh and Brother Flnr...it was a little crazy. She was drunk...again...and she kept swearin' and being bi-polar...interesting for sure. Definitely one of the craziest lessons on my mission Insane! haha. Missions are never boring that's for sure.

Friday, we had MLC for most of the day. It was really good. Crazy to think it may have been my last one or I only have 1 left! They're so fun. And the food is always good :) Afterward, we went tracting a bit, found a new guy named Dn who is the father-in-law of a less-active. We taught him once before but I don't think he remembered that we had. He wasn't interested the first time, but this time he was, so that was sweet. We ate at the Pllng's after that. Brother Pllng made us Canadian Pancakes. We had ice cream and syrup on them. Don't worry, I got the recipe. They were really good. We were supposed to teach Jd after that, but she wasn't home so we just came home and did phone calls and such cause Sister Hls wasn't feeling good.

Saturday, we had Weekly Planning in the morning and had lunch then went and did family history with the Flnr's. Getting stuck is so frustrating in family history. We spent the whole 2 hours on this guy who got married twice and we could not figure out who his parents were or what happened to them. I need to take another class about it. But we're makin' progress! Then we went to teach Jy. It was chaos. The JW's were there before us and they stayed 30 minutes into when our appointment was supposed to be then Jy was super on the defense about everything. Hopefully when we meet with him not on the same day as the JW's he'll be less confused and defensive. Then we had dinner and went to teach Chrstn, the guy who got baptized in YSA a couple weeks ago and is living up by us for the break.

Sunday was great. Love the Sabbath. We had our meetings (Ward Council was entertaining as usual. This ward kills me. They are all super successful and could totally be prideful but they're just hilarious and work off people's strengths and are so giving. I love it.) then went about church. I had a weird realization it's my next to last fast Sunday on the mission. CRAZY! Jy came to church and came out with a lot less questions than last time, which was good. We did some contacting after, ate dinner with the Hwll's, taught Dn with Kyl (super good lesson...just a lot of distractions came up at the very end), and taught Jd with Ang. Jd is actually moving to another area :( But Ang was so good and offered to come to lessons even though they're not in our area anymore. She's such a good missionary. I told her she needs to go on a mission and get called to the Utah Ogden North mission! :)

And here we are at Monday. It's nice to finally have a normal P-Day that we don't have to rush so much on to get everything done in 3 hours. The holiday season was great though! Now it's just supposed to get suppppeeerr cold this week. Polar Vortex #2, here we come!

Something I loved from my studies this morning was from the scriptures for Day 1 in the Atonement Study Guide (I'm a little behind...). But I loved reading in Matthew 27 about Pilate's wife. I don't think I have ever realized that she pled with Pilate to not do anything to Jesus because she had had a dream about who Jesus really was. I love that she trusted in that testament and stood up for what she believed, even with her husband being the governor. Hopefully, we can all have that faith from simple witnesses that Jesus is the Christ.

To answer letters:

That's sad to hear about Bill. How old are their kids now? I think I remember when they were all teeny. Sad stuff. Give them my love! (Our friend Bill Spencer passed away last week. Left a wife and 3 children)

My camera is doing well. I still am on my same card too. I've taken like 1100 pictures. I definitely am excited to get back to my good one, but this one works. Tell Gracie she better take good care of that camera!

How's the sound bar?

There are 250 missionaries in the mission, but it's shrinking to about 200 by about June or July. There's a ton of us.

I don't have a way to update my GPS. I'll definitely bring it home.

I don't really know what I want for my birthday. I'll probably just decide what I need when I get home cause I don't really know at this point...

Love you all! Hope no one freezes this week!
Peace and Blessin's-
Sista Darc

Sorry I didn't take more pictures this week! (I told her I was happy with just 2)
 Me and Sister Hivner

Me and Sister Herzog

No comments :

Post a Comment