Tuesday, November 11, 2014

The leaves are making me sneeze.

11/10/2014

HELLLOOOOOOO!!! :) Seriously. I think it's the moldy leaves. They're killing me. I don't think I've ever had this bad of allergies. Woowee. But I'll live. Thank heavens it's almost time for it to snow!

This week was a little crazy...but it was good. On Monday, we did the regular ol' P-day stuff then we went shopping and I succeeded at helping a companion buy a nice winter coat. This time was even more expensive than Sister Cldwll's. $280 later, Sister Sssns has a Marmot. haha :) (Her dad is very proud of her now – He love's his Marmot) Success. She loves it though. Then we went to Charming Charlie (I've finally been to one mom!) and I got a shirt and dress on clearance for $30. Wahooo! Then we went to dinner at Chick-fil-A with the Bmn's and Ang. They are all awesome people. Love them. Then afterward, the Fishers Sisters came and we exchanged!

So I headed off to Fishers with Sister Clysn! It was a great and busy day. In the mornin' we had some crazy studies cause of conference calls, went to the YMCA for service (got to fold towels and do some filing), finished up studies, had lunch, then went to work! It was pourin' but we went out tracting and found a new investigator! Wahoo! Then we went and had an appointment with a lady named Brbr. She's an older lady who loves her dog and loves being a Baptist. But she's interested in family history, so hopefully that'll get her! Then we taught...well tried to teach...a guy named Jss but he only knows Spanish and he was drunk haha. Definitely getting turned over to the elders. Then we went and contacted a referral and saw a less active then had dinner and went to teach an English class to a lady who speaks Arabic...Interesting. haha There's a reason I went to an English speaking mission!

Wednesday, Sister Sssns went up to Warsaw with Sister Nvrr for a funeral, so I did a trio with Sister Rh and Sister Blmn. We spent the morning with the Flnrs and the Stglrs then we had lunch and headed to Zionsville. We found a new investigator! Wahoo! And taught a bunch of people...it was awesome. And some members fed us some really good hamburgers. Yum. Then we came back to Carmel, taught Mk (the guy we found the day of transfers) with Sister Wshbrn and it was so good except then he texted us on Friday and said he did his research on the Church of Mormon and doesn't want to learn anymore :( [Stinking anti-material! It's awful around here], stopped and saw Bb (Flnr's nephew), and taught the Smth's cause they had cookies for us. Then I was companions with Sister Smthhrt for a little bit til Sister Sssns got home cause the Zionsville Sisters had to leave.

Thursday, we went and painted for Sbrin in the morning then we had lunch and weekly planned. Anl ditched us in the afternoon and changed his phone number so we went finding and ended up tracting into a less-active, so that was fun :) Love when that happens. Then we went to see Mry with Sister Clmn and she just really wasn't havin' it, so we gently dumped her and went and taught another investigator who just had twins. Then we went to see the Brk's and then headed to Sister Hthwy's for Sbrn's Bridal Shower. We had to ditch a little bit early to go to Ang's baptismal interview. She passed! Wahhoooo! She's getting baptized this Saturday! She's so awesome! I'm so sad that she's moving by the end of November, but she says she'll come visit.

Friday, we had MLC, so we had 6 sisters in the apartment that day gettin' ready then we headed off to Fishers for our meetings. It was a really good meeting. A lot about the Book of Mormon. I think sometimes we forget how awesome the Book of Mormon is. It's so powerful. Love it. Then afterward, we had dinner at the Clrvx's and had it in the hallway because the elders came and didn't have another man so we had to eat in "public" haha. It was fun. Except I got spaghetti on my new dress. But hopefully it'll come out. Then we went to see the Flnrs with Brk Sdr and then we went and taught Ang with Sister Hlt. They are both firecrackers and energetic. Holy hannah.

Saturday, we had Relief Society Super Saturday in the morning/afternoon and we got to help with some service and made some Christmas decorations and some rosettes. It was fun. They had soup for lunch too...so it was souper. :) Then we went to teach Ambr, tried to go teaching with Brother Brghm but no one was home, contacted a referral with Sister Stdmn (awesome couple from California who just needs some friends out here...their doctor in Cali is a mormon and referred them!), went to dinner at the Mllrs, then taught Ang with Sister Tlls. Same ol'...just great. :)

Sunday was a day of meetings. We had coordination, PEC, church, and then a stake correlation meeting with the Stake President, President Cleveland, the high councilman over missionary work, and all the zone leaders and STL's from the stake. It was a good day though. Ang got a blessing too and loved it. She bawled. She's SO READY! GAAAAHHHH!! I keep sayin' it. But it's true :) We had dinner with the Strns and went to Why I Believe. The Schmlfldts brought me molasses bread! (We shared the recipe for molasses bread with them – one of Darcie's favorites!)Wahoo! It's the best. They've been practicing. haha. I got to see Sister Pfl and Sister Cbb from Plainfield and Brother Wss and Sister Jcksn from Greencastle. So great. I love Why I Believe.

And here we are again on Monday. Can't believe it's Week 4. Insane.

A thought from this week was in Mosiah 22. The Nephites had been in bondage for years to the Lamanites when Ammon shows up and finds them. I think it's interesting that when this finally happens, Gideon gets a prompting of how to help the Nephites escape. It struck me that the spirit speaks when we NEED it to, not when we WANT it to. Gideon and the Nephites probably would have preferred if that prompting would have come a few (or a lot) of years earlier, but they obviously had something to learn. I think that really applies to our lives in the way that we sometimes have to go through hard things with what seems like to be no way out, but God will deliver us when it's time. We just gotta be patient.

To answer letters:

I'm excited for basketball. Hopefully the Aggies are good. Is the kid from Indy a mormon? (One of the players on USU's basketball team is from Indiana – no he is not a member)

Sad to hear about Robert Mendoza. It seems like yesterday we were all in elementary school. (A friend of Zachary's who just passed away)

For Christmas, I don't really want anything that I have to pack home. You can send me the box of the stocking and decorations, those are fun, and I'll probably just send them home again...but wait til After Dec. 2nd so I don't have to move them at transfers if I get transferred. :) And as far as for Christmas, I don't really have any immediate needs...maybe 2 pairs of wool socks...and just all your homemade candy. I don't need anything really I don't think. I'm just wearing out my clothes and shoes so I can leave them all here when I come home.

Dad, you'll get PMG done eventually, so it's fine. :) (Darcie challenged us both to read Preach My Gospel – as you can see Dad is accomplishing that goal – guess I'll wait till she gets home and then she can make me read it!) And I can't believe the giants won. Yuck. But glad it went to 7!(results from the World Series - she's still loves sports)

LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!
Peace and Blessin's.
-Sista Darc

Pictures:
With Sister Clysn
  
My Baby Blanket I made at Super Saturday
(you would have been impressed)

With Sister McKndrck. I'm so sad she's going home. :( 

With Sister Rh and Jrdn

 Me and Sister Sssns with Ang 

A bunch of Plainfield Sisters with Sister Cbb from Plainfield! 
She was just getting reactivated while I was there
and now she has a calling in primary!


No comments :

Post a Comment