Monday, September 15, 2014

Transfer time!

9/8/2014

I can't believe six weeks have gone again. Woo wee. I'm leaving Plymouth :( I'm super sad, but I'm way too comfortable and attached to these people. haha :) I have learned a lot here and I will DEFINITELY never forget this branch and the postage stamp of a church! :) I LOVE YOU PLYMOUTH! :)

But it's time for a new adventure as a Sista Trainin' Leader! Scary! But  good! It'll be fun.

This week was interesting, that's for sure. Being sick is no bueno, but we made it through pretty solidly still! You heard about Tuesday...After we emailed, we just did a little more contacting and saw a less-active in Walkerton and then we came back, Sister Jhnsn brought us dinner, and then I don't really remember what we did...I think we stopped by to see Sister Shrwd and I don't remember who else we saw..

Wednesday, I was sick still, but we went and saw Pl in the morning. We were able to overcome more of his concerns with the Book of Mormon. Hopefully we'll get to see them again before I leave. Then we had lunch and then it was a long afternoon of no one being home for whatever reason. It was a little crazy and long seems as to I was sick too, but it turned out being a pretty okay day. Then we went and taught J with Sister Mllr. She's on fire. I love it. Then we went to YW and ate dinner that the Jhnsn's brought us again.

Thursday, we went to the museum in the morning, weekly planned in the afternoon, went to the Rchhrt's for dinner out in Leiter's Ford, then did some contacting. And I think that's it...

Friday, we had District Meeting in the morning, then we went and saw A with Sister Smth (taught her the Word of Wisdom on a whim and she actually loved it. Miracle!) and we taught Sister Smth then we also taught Jln with Sister Smth (she just spent the afternoon with us!). Jlnn's progressing slowly but surely. It's just interesting to keep 9 year olds attention for any period of time. But it's all good. Then we contacted an interesting referral (He is Pagan and his ex-wife was Mormon gone wicken...interesting for sure...) then went to the Rd's for dinner. Then when we got back, it started storming, so we went to see Lr. It was a perfect excuse so we got to share a message with her. Hopefully we can meet with her more consistently.

Saturday, we went to Walkerton in the morning but had another day of not too many people being home, so we had lunch and then went to Dairy Queen with Sister Rgrs. (Side Note: if you haven't had their Pumpkin Pie Blizzard, go get one.) Then we tracted and went and taught Jln and her friend Alx was there about prophets with Samuel the Lamanite's story. They had water balloons so we acted out the story so we stood on the wall and they tried to throw water balloons but it worked out perfectly and they were not able to get us wet. When we threw some back at them, it nailed them both. It was hilarious and worked awesome. Then we had dinner, then I don't really remember what we did after that....

Sunday, we went to church, had a rockin' testimony meeting and J got confirmed (she had a dream the night before that she had slept in through her confirmation), had a funny Gospel Principles (We were talking about the Spirit World and one of our branch missionaries talked about how he had went to the spirit world and that we levitate/hoover when we're there...Always interesting in Plymouth! haha), had correlation, and then headed out to work. We did some contacting, ended up tracting into a member's mom, had dinner at J's, taught Sister Schndr (her granddaughter loves me and does not know that I'm leaving yet...I'm going to have to crush a 6 year old...) and then we went and taught Sister Shrwd.

And here we are. I'm just trying to get all organized and packed and get all ready and hopefully still have some fun today. Then it's all downhill from here! :)

If you look up the definition of miracles in the Bible Dictionary, it says, "Miracles should not be regarded as deviations from the ordinary course of nature so much as manifestations of divine or spiritual power." That makes me realize that miracles really happen every day. They don't have to be huge things that are out of the ordinary. It's just the fact that we feel the spirit and see His power in our lives. I need to pray for the vision to discern those miracles and make sure to record them and I think I'll realize that I have even more to be grateful for than I realize.

To answer letters:

That was hilarious about Mr. MacSparran. Did you give the lady the info? It looks just like him. (I saw a picture on fb and the lady was asking if anyone could identify the missionaries in the picture – I did – it happened to be Sandy MacSparran who lives here in Tremonton)

We did Nearer my God to Thee at Zone Conference. I played the piano. (she had told me they were performing a special number at Zone Conference)

J's daughter is shooting for October 19th to be baptized. (J recently was baptized and they are teaching her daughter – great to get families baptized)

You can bring peaches to me. The peaches here in the store are NASTY. (I took peaches in my suitcase to Mike and Stacy in Minnesota – Peaches are not easy to pack but Chuck did a great job!)

And I think that's about it!

Love you all! Have a fantastic week!

Peace and Blessin's
-Sista Darc
Pictures:

 
Spiders are a lot bigger here.
Sister C freaked and wouldn't knock on this door haha (I would freak too)


First Plymouth District ever! I love these people.


Me & Sister Schndr's granddaughter


Me & Alx & Jln


Me & J. Love this lady.

Us & J & Alx


Me & Sister Schndr. Love this lady too.
Let's be honest...I just love Plymouth.

(Thanks to all who helped to take care of my daughter while she served in Plymouth. It does a mother's heart good to know there are kind people in this world. She loves you all!!!! – She has loved every place she has served in Indiana)

No comments :

Post a Comment