Thursday, May 8, 2014

Happy Mother's Day!

5-5-2014

I still can't believe it's May...it feels like I skyped you yesterday...we haven't heard anything about what the rules are for phone calls this time, so I will probably be calling you Saturday sometime, so keep your phone on ya! :) I'm guessing it will be the same as last time, but we'll see.

Happy Mother's Day to everyone! I love you all!

Alright. Well this week was pretty solid. We found 3 new investigators and had members at most all of our lessons, so that's always a good sign! :) I love Greencastle. There's something in the water I tell ya...which I actually found out was true...they like have to put something extra in the water here because the source must be gross or something, so water is really expensive here. So there really is something in the water.

Monday, was a pretty lame P-Day. We just hung around...wrote letters...I took a nap...that's about it. This being exiled thing stinks haha. The night ended pretty well. We just did some proselyting and had FHE with our Branch Mission Leader so that was fun. Nothing too crazy.

Tuesday was long, but good. We met a lot of people and talked to a lot of people, it was just a lot of contacting time cause no one we thought would be home was. But it turned out great (tender mercies!) Then that night, we taught our part-member family out in the middle of no where...then I don't remember what we did that night...probably just contacting haha.

Wednesday, we had a lesson with a former that we just picked back up. He is super open and his only real objection at this point is that supposedly there is no "evidence" of the Book of Mormon. He's just a little afraid of change (seems to be like that in most of our investigators right now :) ) but he was excited to meet with us again and learn more. Then we had another lesson with a referral out in the middle of no where, so we rode with a member out there, taught her and she is actually a former too (her husband was a member) and just doesn't really have an understanding of the doctrine even though she took the lessons 6 times. Hopefully we'll get to meet with her more. After that, we stopped by an event at DePauw at the Spiritual Life Center then we went to the M's for dinner, stopped by Young Women's, and visited a few more potentials.

Thursday was crazy! We saw Sister S (less-active who just got knee surgery), taught B (he still wants to be baptized, he just for some reason is scared to come to church. We're going to take him on a church tour this week so hopefully that will help. He's cool with the Word of Wisdom too...just has to quit smoking and coffee, but he wants to. So that's always good!), taught L (she is willing to be baptized but isn't quite sure about the "being Mormon" part of baptism), taught a less-active named A, went down to Cloverdale for an appointment but he didn't show so we tracted around there and found a new investigator. His wife recently died and he was mad at God but now he is just waiting for God to take him (he's only 60 mind you...) and he says if God doesn't take him in the next year, he'll go back to church. HAHA! We're going to get him to church before that year :) Then we had dinner with the H's, went and saw another less-active, tried a few other people...don't really remember anything specific...

Friday, we had Zone Training in Plainfield for most of the day. We weekly planned after, so it was not too crazy of a day as far as news goes.

Saturday, we taught B again in the morning, went to teach another investigator but she didn't show so we went and ate at the member who came with us house and shared a message with them. Then we went and saw Sister S again, did quite a bit of contacting, was supposed to have a dinner appointment with an investigator but they weren't home when we got there...ate dinner...contacted some more and taught a less-active cause our appointment cancelled...and I think that's about it. Solid Saturday.

And the best day of the week...the SABBATH! :) We had our regular church meetings (I played the organ again. They all like how fast I play even if I hit wrong notes haha)(she always wants to speed up the hymns) then we had "lunch" but it was fast Sunday so I took a nap, finished up studies, went and taught a new investigator we found who is 80 but looks like she's 60 and is interested in the Book of Mormon. She is SO COOL. I love her already. Then we went and visited a less-active couple who just moved from Utah. They showed us his sister's ashes, talked about their washing machine for like 10 minutes, fed me jello with whipped cream (haven't had that in a while...P.S. Sister T doesn't eat dairy, gluten, or sugar, so that's why I said fed me.), and are just hilarious. I love it. Then we went to dinner at Sister J's, took B his Birthday Card, and finished our studies and waited for transfer calls. By 10:30, they still hadn't called so we just went to bed and by 11:30 they still hadn't so Sister T texted President and I guess the Assistants had forgotten about us! :) Sister T was so nervous it was hilarious. I probably would have just waited until morning. (she is patient like her dad and go right to sleep – I would be like Sister T, nervous) Crazy life as a missionary. Our fate all weighs on one call or text every 6 weeks. haha :)

Then this morning, I played tennis with Brother M. It felt so good. Just what I needed. I am still doing pretty well even for not playing forever and not having my own racquet. I made Brother M run a lot. He wasn't used to that. haha but it was a ton of fun! Then we might run to Plainfield cause Sister T has some stuff to return. But that's about it!

My thought for this week comes from our "Adjusting to Missionary Life" pamphlet. It says "Make the deliberate choice to believe in the Lord's forgiveness. Trust that Christ's Atonement is sufficient, EVEN for you!" I love that. Lots of times, we talk about the Atonement generally instead of personally. Christ's Atonement is for YOU. He knows exactly what we need, how we feel, and where we need to go. I love it. Pray to feel that power in your life. It can get us through anything!
LOVE YOU! I'm excited to talk to you this week! Keep up your missionary efforts and read every day! :)
Peace and Blessin's.
-Sista Darc

Pictures:
Buffalo Bison Zone Pictures...SICK.

 
Super Heros!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Letter she sent earlier in the week –
it took me a while to get it.
(Notice the color of the castle – yes I am slow!!!)







No comments :

Post a Comment