Monday, March 3, 2014

I'M LEGAL! :)

                                                                                                                                          3/3/2014

Watch out world. I'm legal. I guess that doesn't mean anything since I don't drink... but it's a good thought anyway. :)
Well this week again passed in a flash. Oh my goodness. Everyone keeps telling me that my mission will keep going faster and faster but I really can't imagine it going any faster than this! It's crazy!

Monday, we packed. That was pretty much like 1/2 of our p-day. Sister J also took us out to McCallisters (kind of like Panera or Paradise) then polished our shoes for us. And she got us a shoe polishing kit so she doesn't have to do it again :) She's a sweetie. She also gave us a bottle of Gazebo Greek dressing from Pennsylvania. OH MY GOOOOODNESS. It's so good. You should see if you can order a bottle to try it. She let us try a bunch of amish food from where they used to live in Pennsylvania. It was the best. That night, we ate with the L's and played Dominos again. We tried to play Elder J's version of Mexican Train...he does not even know how to do it. :) haha. It was fun though.

Tuesday, we picked up some more boxes from the Hines for moving then we went to lunch with Sister D and one of her friends who we've been stopping by (the one with the puppy named Darcie...and I told her to spell it just like my name. So it really is my puppy haha). Then we went and sang and played the piano at an Assisted Living that one of the members that lives there. It was super fun. We're going to do it more often! Then we did service at the library, dropped off a few birthday cards, did a little contacting, went to dinner at the Phipps and Muggs then we went to sports night for the ward and played a little kickball and dodgeball. Kickball turned into "kick it to Sister W cause she can't catch" haha It was pretty funny. She was havin' a rough go at catching it. :)

Wednesday, we had district meeting in Frankfort then went to lunch at Wendy's (again...I'm sick of it haha Thanks for the Jimmy John's gift card. Maybe I can convince them to go there now!) then we came back, went with a member to visit some of our investigators, went tracting, went to dinner at the D's, then we went to the M's for Sister M's birthday.

Thursday, we went and saw Sister H (she's the one in the nursing home whose husband is in the bishopric) and she is just so funny. She was telling us all sorts of stories. I loved it. Then we had to take the car in to get the tires checked, had weekly planning, then went to get ice cream with some people from McCall who had come into town and called President to see if they could take us out (tell the Cobbley's sorry...guess they could have came. Tell them to come over again! :) ) Then we had dinner with the P's that night and then we helped someone pack to move.

Friday, we woke up at 6:30 and just started packing and cleaning. At 11:30, we packed up the H's trailer and moved. They were/still are working on our apartment, but it looks good! I'll have to send you pictures next week because I forgot to take them. Plus we're not all unpacked yet. :) We had to do our check-out for the other apartment too, so by the time that was all done and we finally ate, it was time to go to a play that some members of the ward were in and they invited us to. It was hilarious. It was "The 12 daughters of Hercules". They all did so good. And it was super funny. I think they were excited we came.

Saturday, we went and helped with a service project to clean someone's house with the ward, had lunch, went with Sister D to see a couple of our investigators, studied, went to follow up with a few people, went and saw a member who has been in the hospital, had dinner with the M's for Bro. M's birthday then went to gamenight for the ward. I played some Apples to Apples (funny story...we had the green card of "dirty" and we were playing with a bunch of 12 and under people and I was the judge and Sister Wilkinson put down "Richard Nixon" and I laughed so hard but all these kids didn't even know who it was...pretty funny. Maybe I am getting old. One of them also didn't know who Dolly Parton was...) and Skip-Bo. It was great.

Yesterday, we were grounded so we rode with the D's to church, had awesome meetings like usual (a lot about prayer and the fact that we can all get answers regardless of our circumstances), went to choir practice with Sister D so we could get a ride home, went to teach the S's, went to teach the Tuckers (she gave me a game of farkle for my birthday...have you played that game?) and then taught Sister H. And that about wraps up Sunday!

And now it's Monday. And I made us crepes this morning (with Nutella on them that Bro. D got us as a housewarming gift and cookie butter, which was amazing)  and then studied then opened presents and now here we are! We're planning on going to lunch (possibly Applebee's....only if they'll sing and give me free dessert) and then do the usual p-day stuff...ya know... that's about it I think! Then we have to drive to Lafayette tonight to go on exchanges tomorrow. We're blitzing Purdue. I'm stoked!

Well, thanks so much everyone for the Birthday Love! I love ya'll. A lot. And miss ya. A lot. But I could be serving no one better than the Lord, so you'll just have to wait a year to see me! :)

LOVE YOU!
Peace and blessin's.
-Sista Christensen



My Aggie cookies courtesy of Zach and La. They were fantastic.

I was so excited about my book! And yes grandma, I still can't smile normal for a picture! haha.

Just awkward pictures all over the place...I'm just too cool. Sister W was dying at all my faces.

My lazy eye and smile and for some reason I have to put my head up when I am sending you pictures of my scarf hahahaha Some day, maybe I'll be able to take a normal picture...man. haha :)
                                                                                                                                        

No comments :

Post a Comment