Thursday, January 23, 2014

It's a holiday?

                                                                                                                                  1-20-2014

The only way I know it's a holiday is because the library is closed. Luckily, we were able to use the Family History Center today so you can still hear from me! :)

This week has been so solid. I loved every minute of it. I think Sister W is getting the hang of it too, so we're hittin' the pavement running! Except for that there's ice...and I've already fallen twice. This week, we were tracting a door and their walkway was ridiculously icy and I stepped on the ice and it broke and I went down. I got a pretty sick bruise from it, so that was good. :) (She has always complained that she never bruises – for some reason she wants a good bruise) I don't remember if I told you about the other time I fell on the side of the road and a snow plow honked and waved? Pretty funny. I'm just full of grace. I think you already knew that though.

Okay, so last Monday, we did some shopping. And I found a yellow cardigan! After looking so hard I found it for $10 at Old Navy! Old Navy strikes again with the cardigans! I looked for mittens too but the store I went to didn't have any men's left and the women's ones were all too small, so I'm going to look again today. After shopping, we went to a member's house for dinner and home evening. They were having a chaotic night, but I think us being there helped and we had a good lesson with them.

Tuesday, our appointments cancelled and we spent most all of the day just tracting. It turned out so well though. The first part of the day was slow. Not many people were home. But we were able to follow up with a tracting contact we had before and we're going to teach them! And they're a family! I'M SO EXCITED! Their names are the Diaz family. We have an appointment with them this week. They're adorable. I'm so excited. Hopefully it all works out, cause they seem super prepared! We also met some cool people right before it was going to get dark (I tell ya that Heavenly Father blesses ya when you endure all the way to the end even when it's cold). This lady answered the door and couldn't believe there were Sister Missionaries. She was watching Glen Beck at the time and just thought it was so funny. Coincidence? I think not. She wants to come see what our church is like, so that's exciting. We're definitely going to follow up with her. We helped Sister M make cheesecakes for K (her daughter) and J (a recent convert)'s wedding. And played chair soccer with the ward game night.

Wednesday, we had district meeting here in Kokomo. It was sweet. It blows my mind how much revelation you can receive in just a short meeting. CRAZZZZY. We met with a lot of less-actives that day. Pretty sweet. We are going to get these people back. I got to hold a bearded dragon at one of their houses too. It felt...weird. It was pretty sweet. We ate with members that night at FAZOLIS! They exist here. I have missed the breadsticks....so much. I had probably too many. But it was good. We followed up on some family mission plans that night (Do you all have a family mission plan? You should make one! Do work!)

Thursday, we taught Sister T in the morning. She's doing so good and just absorbs everything. Her and Brother T are adorable. Then we had to head to Lafayette for interviews. The weather was CRAZY. It was just blowing snow and we couldn't see much. (I showed Chuck a picture of some bad weather but I said that was in Lafayette, no worry she is in Kokomo – Not!) But it was all good. President was running 2 1/2 hours behind, so we finally got interviewed, stopped at Steak and Shake and came back. It was crazy (I've used that word a lot today...) bad and I could only see like 5 feet in front of me....we had to pull over at one point. But it ended up all good. We taught Sister H that night. She's just doing missionary work like crazy. I love it.

Friday, We had service and correlation then we did a bunch of contacting. We had two member present lessons that afternoon (we had to drop our JW investigator...she just wanted to study the Bible) and then we had dinner with the H's. They are so hilarious. They spoil their dogs like crazy. So funny.

Saturday, we went and helped F and C move, went and followed up with the D family, met with M (investigator who wanted everything proved) and had an awesome lesson at the D's. It went so much better! The power is in the members! We did some follow up after that then it started snowing so then we had to be grounded so by the time we went home we walked to the church for K and J's wedding. We ended up helping with food and cleaning up, so we spent most of the night there.

Yesterday, we had meetings and church and then we had lunch and studies then went to contact some less-actives and do some contacting. We met an awesome guy at his parent's house who actually lives by us and is super prepared to learn more! We're excited! We're starting to do this thing called 2-2-4 so anyone you contact, you knock the 2 doors to each side and the 4 doors across the street. It makes time more productive in an area. It's amazing the people we meet this way. Sometimes, the Lord tells you to go visit someone in an area because someone else nearby needs the gospel. Pretty sweet. We had dinner with some members last night and it turns out one of them knows the Warburton's from down the street of where you used to live! Crazy right! Small world. Elder J and I had Elder H and Sister W teach the Restoration together for the thought...Trainers strike back! :) They did awesome. It was a good experience for them I think. Oh another small world story: Elder J is best friends with Kallie Hillam's (worked with her at AFY) brother who is now on a mission in Missouri and got his mission call while I was working with her at AFY. Crazy.....

And today is P-Day. Again. Crazy. I can't believe it's already been 3 weeks since Sister W and I became companions...weird. Time flies when you're havin' fun!

To answer letters:

Sounds like the National Championship was fun. March Madness is coming right up. Good thing I only have to miss one. Heard the Super Bowl is the Broncos and Seahawks. Go Seahawks. (Her dad keeps her updated on all the sports)

Dad, thanks for the thought about the Holy Ghost and promptings. It's just what I needed! You're inspired! :)

Mom, it's funny you asked about Courtney and Liz cause I was just barely playing around on lds.org with the ward directory and saw them on there and thought it was strange cause I didn't know they were in the ward! I'm excited for the fudge. (Liz was kind enough to share a fudge recipe from Mary Christensen. She always made the most delicious fudge) Have you tried making Sugar Cream/Hoosier pie yet? (I have not tried it yet – it sounds like something I might have a hard time resisting)

Well, I think that's about it for this week. It's been great! I'm excited for another week here in Kokomo! P.S. Tornado land still looks like Tornado Land. FEMA is refusing to pay, so everyone just doesn't have roofs. Sweet.

LOVE YOU! Peace and Blessin's! I miss ya!

Love,
Sista Darc
The goods from shopping last week. I got me a Notre Dame lanyard
(you wouldn't believe how hard it is to find a lanyard around here..)
and my new yellow cardigan and the scarf you sent me! I love it!

Sister W and the bearded dragon.

Me and the bearded dragon.

No comments :

Post a Comment