Monday, December 23, 2013

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

                                                                                                                          12-23-2013

Love you all! I'm so excited for Christmas!

This week just flew by. Holy lanta. I don't know where time went.

Monday, we had a super fun P-Day with the Elders. We practiced for our talent on Thursday then just played volleyball and ate crepes at the church. It was pretty great. Then we had a lesson and dinner that night with a hilarious family, the S's, from the ward. They have 7 kids and they are very active and fun! We had a blast. Funny story of that day: We came out from said family's house and they had a plate of goodies on the porch so we gave them to her then we went out to our car and went on our way to pick up our laundry. When we got there, we found a plate of the same goodies on our car. But the card was gone. Whoops. haha. At least the plate made it I suppose! :)

Tuesday, we had a busy day of contacting in Russiaville (pronounced Roooshaville). We got to go caroling that night with the Ds. Their daughters are adorable. They love us. We had fun. We were able to carol to some of our potential investigators and they loved it, so hopefully they'll be for real investigators soon! :)

Wednesday, we had exchanges with Sister B and Sister C. They came on Tuesday night, we had a Study Exchange (President wants us to learn good study habits...it was awesome!) then we had District Meeting in Frankfort. THEN we got to do our for real exchange. Exchanges are always so fun. It amazes me how much I learn from them. Sister B and I were able to find a new investigator (who dropped us Saturday...but that's beside the point haha) and some awesome potentials and we also met with Sister T recent convert (who is doing so good!) and Sister R. She was chatting with you right when we came to visit. So that was fun :) (I was chatting on Facebook with Sister R when Darcie and her companion stopped to visit)

Thursday was awesome. We had Christmas Conference in Fishers with the whole mission. It was so great to see everyone. The spirit when missionaries all get together is so great. I was able to play piano for it, so that was fun. We had an awesome training in the morning about Christlike Attributes, had lunch, played some Christmas games, took photos (P.S. will you make sure to go on the facebook.com/indymission and save all the pictures I'm in on the computer? Cause I want all my zone pictures....thanks! :)), and then had the talent show, in which we sang with the Elders in front of 250 people. Who would have thought I would have ever sang in front of that many people? It turned out so good though. Everyone loved it. We recorded the video that Sister B sent you with their son playing the bass. Pretty sweet. The talent show was so crazy and funny. Definitely a day to remember. We got to watch Mr. Kreuger's Christmas too. So that was fun.

OH! And we got the CD that your voices are on! It's so awesome! I'm glad you were the high tech people that actually replied! I loved it! Except where was Dad? haha that was my only question. I loved hearing ya'll though! There was only like 6 people's parents who replied and Sister C and I's were two of them! (Someone in the ward asked us to record a short message to our missionaries but I guess ours was too long and Chuck’s message was cut off - he really did send a message)

Friday was the day I got to hold the brains. It was awesome. That's how our correlation meeting ended...me holding brains with the elders while Sister C took pictures. haha, This was doctor day too. I'm perfectly healthy. haha. The Doctor was pretty funny. He asked how we picked our mission and I said we were called by a prophet of God by revelation and he said "But don't you think if you slipped him a fruitcake he'd send you to Hawai'i?" Hilarious. We had weekly planning. Caroled and visited some people for Christmas. So that was good.

Saturday, we had a mission-wide de-junk and clean up. It was only supposed to take 3 hours, but our apartment needed some cleanin' so it took us about 4, so a lot of Saturday went to that. We got to go caroling with the Batis fam that night. That was fun. President gave the idea of caroling with the members. It's been super fun.

Sunday...I love Sunday. As always. Church was great. We got a huge Christmas stocking from the ward. We had a fun time tracting after church. We met a lady who laughed when I told her there was a prophet on the earth. And I said "no really. There is." Tracting is always fun. I never in a thousand years would have thought that I'd enjoy knocking on some random person's door and testifying of my beliefs, but people are pretty hilarious.

Speakin' of hilarious tracting...we met a guy in Roooooshaville who said he gave up Church for Lent....hmmm. Curious, right? I think I really laughed on his doorstep. Whoops.

Welp, that's about it. We have half a p-day today since Christmas will be our full P-Day. I'm super excited. It's going to be a great, different, awesome Christmas. I hope your holidays are all filled with the Spirit of Christ and giving.

To answer question:

THE CANDY WAS AMAZING! Perfect. That's all there is to say about it. Sister C and I loved the stockings. It was great.

And I received the box from hell. Only you mom. Only you. :)



This is the tracking. Don’t know where the box was from Dec 10 – Dec 16! It was scheduled to be delivered on Dec 12. Oh well it did make it there in time for the party on Dec 19!
Label Number: 9405903699300109032695

Service Type: USPS Tracking/Insured <= $200
Shipment Activity
Location
Date & Time
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Delivered
CARMEL, IN 46032
December 17, 2013 11:30 am
Arrival at Post Office
CARMEL, IN 46032
December 17, 2013 7:11 am
Depart USPS Sort Facility
INDIANAPOLIS, IN 46241
December 16, 2013
Processed through USPS Sort Facility
INDIANAPOLIS, IN 46241
December 16, 2013 1:31 pm
Depart USPS Sort Facility
SALT LAKE CITY, UT 84199
December 10, 2013
Processed through USPS Sort Facility
SALT LAKE CITY, UT 84199
December 10, 2013 1:49 am
Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility
SALT LAKE CITY, UT 84199
December 9, 2013 9:50 pm
Dispatched to Sort Facility
TREMONTON, UT 84337
December 9, 2013 4:01 pm
Acceptance
TREMONTON, UT 84337
December 9, 2013 2:45 pm
Electronic Shipping Info Received
December 7, 2013

I loved all the letters. Tell everyone thanks. And the David CD is AWESOME. And Dad, I think I like the well done famous amos the best. They were way good.

Will you pay $4 tithing? I got some Christmas Cards with money in them.

Sounds like facebook is exciting. I don't really miss it. haha :) I'm glad you're the one that gets updates. Tell Katrina to send me a wedding invite.

Welp, that's about it I think. Have a very Merry Christmas! I'm excited to see/talk to you on Wednesday! Woo!

LOVE YOU!!!!

Peace and Blessin's
Sista Christensen

Pictures:

I don't know who spelled this, but I think Dad might have had something to do with it, yeah? :)



Caroling with the Ds. They both wanted to sit by me. I miss my nieces and nephews.


With Sister R at Christmas Conference!



With Sister H. She irish danced at the talent show. Legit.



With Sister H.


With Sister C.



Singing in the talent show.


With Sister B. Turns out we went to EFY together like 6 years ago.



With the Elders and Brains.



My Christmas desk, cards, and candy.




Our fireplace. Two trees and two stockings. Thanks Ma!

No comments :

Post a Comment