Tuesday, October 22, 2013

HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY! (Duck Dynasty style...)

Hola everyone from good ol' Plainfield Indiana.

I don't think there was any questions other than a few I think I had forgotten to answer of yours mom...

Yes we have a Walmart about 2 miles down the road. So pretty sweet. And I have seen the antique mall. I haven't had the chance to stop by yet though :)

Wait. I do have a question.
Sister B wants to know how you got your foggy glasses to go away in the dishwasher. She's tried vinegar. What soap do you use?

And I want to tell you a couple things you'll be pretty pleased with:

1. I make my bed EVERYDAY. Yes, everyday.
2. I floss EVERYDAY. Yes, everyday. Please tell the dentist. :)

Impressive, right? It's amazing what missions can do to ya. :)

Let's see....since Tuesday when I talked to you....

We had an awesome experience with a member. She was coming to an appointment with us and the investigator wasn't there, so she prayed she would know who to visit and we got two referrals out of it, one of which just really needed a visit that day. She is going through a hard time and has to move soon, so we may be going to help her, which would be an awesome service opportunity. We're excited.

We are teaching this sweet old guy who's a member with no teeth. You'd be amazed by how many people out here have rotted or just flat out gone teeth. It's pretty crazy. You don't see that in Utah much. But this member is so funny. He hasn't been a member all that long and is just so funny. His tone of voice and excitement is just hilarious. We love teaching him.

We got to go to Young Women's in excellence this week too. The Young Women are awesome and talented. There was a cello player, a few singers, an artist, you name it. They're awesome.

Thursday, I FINALLY got a flu shot, so if you see that show up on the insurance, that's why. GEHA paid for it. Do you need the receipt?

We had an awesome experience with a referral from the J's (I'm going to get a picture with them the next time we have dinner - They've given us 3 already! She's the one who makes pie.). We had contacted this referral and talked to the husband, who is friends with the J's son. He was interested but said he'd have to talk to his wife and we'd set up a time. We called him and said his wife wanted to stay Methodist like her family. He wasn't too on board, but was going along with it. So we had a feeling we should go meet his wife and she was so awesome. She wants to come to church! They have a baby and want to find somewhere to attend! Woo! We're so excited for them!

We finally got to teach J (another investigator...not sure if I've talked about him yet...) again. His wife is very inactive and seems the most disinterested in making it to church on Sunday's, but he's sincerely trying to find an answer. He has all the tools, we've just got to help him recognize. He's been investigating for quite some time, so we'd love to see him get a baptismal date so it pushes him a little bit to seek out an answer more fully. He's a little too logical, so we're working on the spiritual. They have an adorable daughter. I hope and pray they will get onboard the Kingdom of God Ship! He came to church with his daughter, so that was awesome. We're excited for them. Hopefully they will see the truth.

That night, we drove to Carmel for exchanges, which were AWESOME once again. I love Sister P and Sister C (don't worry, I got pictures this time!). I was with Sister C for Friday. She is just awesome and we are basically the same person. We're both very loud and bold and just love talking to people. She loves tracting and I think I'm seeing the beauty in it, which I hadn't really had the chance to do yet since Sister O'Brien isn't a huge fan of tracting. But we are going to do it a little more often now at least to find more potentials. I know it's not super effective, but when you have a half hour to fill, it is good. We met this hilarious Italian guy who when he answered the door, we said we were missionaries sharing a message of Jesus Christ and he said "I don't need it!" so Sister C said "Do you already have a faith in Christ?" and he replied in his Italian accent while slamming the door "I TOLD YOU I DON'T NEED IT!" It was hilarious. We laughed. And we found his brother two doors down who also didn't need us :) But then we talked to this awesome guy M who says he doesn't believe in God because he's a scientist. I told him I was a scientist too and we had some awesome discussion about that. He seemed actually really intrigued by my reasoning. I loved it. We prayed with him and he clapped after I got done saying it. It was hilarious. I loved it. Sister C taught me a lot. She's so great. The main thing I learned: It's always better to have too much to do than not enough. It makes you feel so much more productive. We got to see the temple too! It looks so good! Look up pictures! I think it might be done by the time I get back! And we got to drive by Lucas Oil Stadium. Go Colts.

Saturday, we did some studying at the library for my training additional study stuff, ran into some people from the ward who we were actually going to visit because it was her son, A's, birthday and we had a card (aka pop up card with us in it) for him so we had lunch with them and celebrated. Their other son, T, reminds me of Deven. He is so full of life. I love it. We had a dinner with the S's and the E's that night, and went to a baptism for the Avon Elders (our District Leader).

Yesterday, I went all Elder Holland on the ward with his talk "My Words...never cease" based on Moses 1:4 and gave them a commitment to reach out to someone by Christmas, just like Elder Ballard did. Everyone said I was bold, so that's good, right? :) We then had dinner with the Ms, who just adopted the cutest black boy ever, W, who is deaf from Uganda and they're adopting another in the spring. They are a huge family but it's just so fun. We love their family. They've given us quite a few referrals too. The ward is getting on board! Then we got to go to a Nazarene Weenie Roast! It was so fun! We had met this lady through one of the members and she happened to invite us so we went! Hopefully we opened the people's hearts a little bit to seeing Mormons as being alright. They definitely made a few jokes and a few of them I don't know if they loved having us there, but E (the lady who invited us) defended us and is starting to really open up to us and enjoy us. We'll definitely be back to her!

And today, I got to play tennis. It was awesome. We had so much fun. Now we gotta go get our grocery shopping and washing of the car done. Fun stuff! Tennis was just great. Hopefully I get to play a couple more times before I get home so I'm not too rusty so I can still whoop on you Dad and maybe even Nancy Pants! :) P.S. Tell Miss Nancy Pants to write me! And we get Mexican food tonight. It's funny how many of the members like to take us out cause they think we get repeat meals all the time. Anything is good though.

Time is up though. I love you all! Keep praying for missionary opportunities and just be an example. The success is in the invitation! :)

LOVE YOU! Until next week,

PEACE, PRAYERS, AND BLESSINGS-

Sista Darcie

Pictures: ( I don't know what order)

Lucas Oil Stadium

Sister C and I (vertical picture)

Sister P and I (She's way taller than me.)


No comments :

Post a Comment